• Alpha Flight #3 Solicitation *UPDATED with Variant Cover*

ALPHA FLIGHT #3 (of 8 )
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    HEROES ON THE LAM! Having escaped imprisonment at the hands of the corrupt Unity Party, Alpha Flight find themselves hunted by the government they’d sworn to protect.

Outmanned and outgunned, the Flight decide to go guerilla, but what will they do once the government raises the stakes by revealing their leverage against the team, including Northstar’s boyfriend and the child of Guardian and Vindicator held hostage?! Marvel Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along with legendary artist Dale Eaglesham, continue their revival of fan favorite Alpha Flight in this pulse-pounding issue!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/18, (ON-SALE 08/10/11)

Also solicited for August:

Fear Itself: Fellowship of Fear
    Written by VARIOUS
    Select Character Artwork by GUS VAZQUEZ
    Cover by PATRICK SCHERBERGER
    A companion to FEAR ITSELF, bringing you up to speed on all things frightening! Handbook profiles for characters that thrive on fear (Dreamqueen! Fear-Eaters! Fear-Lords! The Darkforce Dimension’s Predator! Shock/Ariel Trennmore! The Golden Age’s Dr. Fear!), events that have terrified (Chaos War! The Gauntlet! Second Coming! Kang Dynasty! Shadowland!) and one of the main architects of FEAR ITSELF: Sin/Red Skull! Also featuring a map tracing recent events that have terrified Marvel’s denizens and mini-profiles providing the basics on the six characters chosen as hammer wielders!
    32 PGS./Sourcebook/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/18, (ON-SALE 08/10/11)

X-MEN: SCHISM #3 (of 5)
    Written by JASON AARON
    Pencils & Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    Variant Cover by FRANK CHO
    The events of Schism #1 have launched the world into turmoil, and the all-new Hellfire Club is ready to take advantage of the chaos. But when the survival of the mutant race is on the line, just how far will the X-Men go? Once a line is crossed, there’s no going back. The event that promises to tear the X-Men apart at their very core continues, by writer and Marvel Architect Jason Aaron, and superstar artist Daniel Acuña (WOLVERINE, AVENGERS)!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/25, (ON-SALE 08/17/11)
    Comments 26 Comments
      Le Messor -
      I think I was blocking the memory of that cover...

(That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it. No, uh, I never saw that thread... My posts there are, um, an illusion. The Silence made them. There is no post. It's swamp gas reflecting off Venus.)

- Le Messor
      "Wisdom is a way of being."
      ~ Hazel Hawke
      DelBubs -
      My memory is probably going, but have we seen a pic of the #3 variant cover?
      Phil -
      We've seen the pencils of it in the Mark Paniccia interview

Attachment 1223
      DelBubs -
      Cheers. That's one of the three I could recall, for some reason #4 had slipped my memory. I'm having probs getting hold of the variant cover for #1. Pauls place won't be ordering, but he did say he'll try and get them all for me at some point. Otherwise it's an online job
      bigbloo -
      I really appreciate the detail on this cover. The webbing on Marrina's hand is well done.

I
      S

T
      H
      I
      S

A

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      ?
      Is Dreamqueen going to play a role in Fear Itself? Could she be the one behind the Unity-fication? Illusions are her specialty, and from Issue #2 it seems like illusions play a role in the process...
      Phil -
      Issue #3 & Fellowship of Fear on sale this week!!!