• Alpha Flight #3 Solicitation *UPDATED with Variant Cover*

ALPHA FLIGHT #3 (of 8 )
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    HEROES ON THE LAM! Having escaped imprisonment at the hands of the corrupt Unity Party, Alpha Flight find themselves hunted by the government they’d sworn to protect.

Outmanned and outgunned, the Flight decide to go guerilla, but what will they do once the government raises the stakes by revealing their leverage against the team, including Northstar’s boyfriend and the child of Guardian and Vindicator held hostage?! Marvel Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along with legendary artist Dale Eaglesham, continue their revival of fan favorite Alpha Flight in this pulse-pounding issue!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/18, (ON-SALE 08/10/11)

Also solicited for August:

Fear Itself: Fellowship of Fear
    Written by VARIOUS
    Select Character Artwork by GUS VAZQUEZ
    Cover by PATRICK SCHERBERGER
    A companion to FEAR ITSELF, bringing you up to speed on all things frightening! Handbook profiles for characters that thrive on fear (Dreamqueen! Fear-Eaters! Fear-Lords! The Darkforce Dimension’s Predator! Shock/Ariel Trennmore! The Golden Age’s Dr. Fear!), events that have terrified (Chaos War! The Gauntlet! Second Coming! Kang Dynasty! Shadowland!) and one of the main architects of FEAR ITSELF: Sin/Red Skull! Also featuring a map tracing recent events that have terrified Marvel’s denizens and mini-profiles providing the basics on the six characters chosen as hammer wielders!
    32 PGS./Sourcebook/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/18, (ON-SALE 08/10/11)

X-MEN: SCHISM #3 (of 5)
    Written by JASON AARON
    Pencils & Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    Variant Cover by FRANK CHO
    The events of Schism #1 have launched the world into turmoil, and the all-new Hellfire Club is ready to take advantage of the chaos. But when the survival of the mutant race is on the line, just how far will the X-Men go? Once a line is crossed, there’s no going back. The event that promises to tear the X-Men apart at their very core continues, by writer and Marvel Architect Jason Aaron, and superstar artist Daniel Acuña (WOLVERINE, AVENGERS)!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Final ORDER CUT-OFF 7/25, (ON-SALE 08/17/11)
    Comments 26 Comments
      varo -
      i think this pretty much rules out northstar, mac or heather as a traitor. matter of fact, i'm gonna say there is no traitor at all, fvl/pak/eagleasham are maybe making a play on words. we know cody betrays them, and maybe thats about it.

that cover is unbelievable. i can not wait until tomorrow. i just want to give those three guys a big hug for finally giving us what we've been waiting years for!!!
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
      i think this pretty much rules out northstar, mac or heather as a traitor. matter of fact, i'm gonna say there is no traitor at all, fvl/pak/eagleasham are maybe making a play on words. we know cody betrays them, and maybe thats about it.

that cover is unbelievable. i can not wait until tomorrow. i just want to give those three guys a big hug for finally giving us what we've been waiting years for!!!
      Dunno about that. Could be that JP or either of the Hudsons now have more reason to turn on the team. And then there's that cover...

Oh, dear. Taking the boyfriend of an over-protective speedster hostage, hmm? Well, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. *reaches for the popcorn*
      DelBubs -
      I've just about given up trying to figure the traitor I'm more intrigued by the cover. Suggetive of Aurora going doolally dip again?
      Phil -
      The problem I'm having in working out the traitor is that Jimenez' covers so far have been more iconic images rather than plot details, so it may mean nothing...
      DelBubs -
      Probably so, Aurora being a fruit loop is nothing new . Wonder if there will be a more informative variant?
      Phil -
      The Dreamqueen entry in the handbook also makes me wonder if she's behind Gary Cody, or if it's just a random choice to fill pages.
      DelBubs -
      Dreamqueen would be a good choice, she has the history and enough Alpha angst to be up for this kind of manipulation.
      DaVeO -
      JOY!!!!!!
      -K-M- -
      Dreamqueen? Score!
      varo -
      well, this series is everything we had hoped for.

great creative team: check.

great artist: check

the originals back together: check

marvel supporting it: check

i can not wait until tomorrow and for the rest of this series!
      rplass -
      Phil, I'm betting at least one of the Alpha Flight v4 covers makes it into the Fear Itself Poster Book. No confirmation of course but it is very likely!
      Flightpath07 -
      I'm hopeful. I've managed to drop the 'cautiously' part of that statement. At this point, with all i have seen and heard, i would be surprised (and mortified) if I didn't absolutely love this series.
      Flightpath07 -
      btw, just have to point this out; up to this point, we still don't actually know that Puck appears in this series. altho they have said that a diminutive hero is found in the bowels of Department H building, the team of Eaglesham and Van Lente and Pak have been VERY good at misdirection up to this point. all i am saying is, we will have to read the series to find out for sure!
      berserkerclaw -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      btw, just have to point this out; up to this point, we still don't actually know that Puck appears in this series. altho they have said that a diminutive hero is found in the bowels of Department H building, the team of Eaglesham and Van Lente and Pak have been VERY good at misdirection up to this point. all i am saying is, we will have to read the series to find out for sure!
      Well they have also said not sure were but that fans of puck need to read the whole series
      Le Messor -
      What's the Schism #3 appearance?

- Le Messor
      "The first wealth is health."
      ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
      Phil -
      Check the Variant Cover image.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Check the Variant Cover image.
      Ooh! It was staring me in the face the whole time!
      Is this one of those anthology titles, where they shove all the character moments during a crossover?
      Or are they just on the cover?

- Le Messor
      "Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
      ~ George Bernard Shaw
      Phil -
      It's a limited series rather than an anthology.
      So far it seems that Cyclops & Wolverine fall out, split and form two factions of X-men and fight and stuff.
      The 1st issue isn't out yet so we're not sure whether they'll actually be in it or not.
      Le Messor -
      With the random sample of characters on the cover, I wondered if it'd be like 'Nation X' or something. But, being the book named after the latest crossover makes that unlikely.

I don't pay much attention to solicits, so I kinda hoped somebody had read whether the Twins were in it or not. I guess we haven't.

- Le Messor
      "Most of the happiness in this world consists in possessing what others can't get."
      ~ Josh Billings
      Phil -
      As much as we know is here.