• Lettered Preview of #1 Online *UPDATED*

Official Press Release:

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Alpha Flight #1 (of 8 ), from New York Times best-selling authors Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente and acclaimed artist Dale Eaglesham! Canada’s original super team is back in action – but can they survive the terror of Fear Itself? With their homeland gripped by fear, Alpha Flight has been named enemies of the state and their country has vowed to hunt them down! Can Guardian, Sasquatch and the rest of the team quell the influence of Fear Itself and restore order to the Great White North? The team faces its most daunting enemy yet – their own government – this June, only in Alpha Flight #1 (of 8 ) !

WARNING: Contains Spoilers to #0.1

WARNING: Contains Spoilers to #0.1

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=42844
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32284

*UPDATE June 6th*

CBR have another preview ahead of next weeks new release date (June 15th).
    The only page we haven't seen already is:

Comments 29 Comments
      DelBubs -
      I don't think there's much dispute about who the traitor is, or am I mis reading things. Also the interaction between the team and Marrinas comments to Mac. Totally want this now please.
      Ben -
      "Die Earth Scum!"
      DelBubs -
      "What have I told you about you're battlecry?"
      "It's awesome"

Brilliant
      Phil -
      I don't think Northstar deciding to turn his back on Alpha Flight (presumably for whatever Kara did to Kyle in #0.1) makes him the traitor. That seems far too easy.
      I like the way the Mac/Heather/Baby Hudson is covered.
      I like Marrina being slightly edgier... so far.
      I LOVE the playful Sas and his banter with Aurora.

1 week till #0.1!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Sypes -
      I like the flirting between Walter and Aurora!
      DelBubs -
      I think the only down side to this (if there is one), is that if after all this AF doesn't draw new fans and established comic fans in, then ...
      Phil -
      Yeah, that was my point over in the Glory Days thread.
      If this doesn't work, with everything Marvel's doing for it then I dread to think when we'll ever get another series.
      I think the 'Maxi-Series' angle works well though. I'd be happy for 8 good issues every year/event/crossover or so.
      DelBubs -
      Like yourself I think this Maxi series is really well done. From a selfish Alpha fan viewpoint, if this can't create enough interest to warrant an ongoing, then something like this every year or so would be more than adequate. Well written maxi's have got to outweigh mediocre ongoings imho.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I agree...If it doesn't make it to a full on-going, I'd love to see Marvel put together a great Maxi every year (maybe that's just wishful thinking, I dunno).

Dana
      suzene -
      ...and next page cuts to JP lounging in bed with Kyle. Priorities.

I am liking this so far.
      Sypes -
      I personally prefer those little mini series to a regular series. Less money to spend on buying it, and also I find the stories are better when I know a conclusion is coming instead of trailing stories forever just for the heck of it (aka the Liveworld / Dreamqueen intro ... god that was dreadful!)
      Wildcard -
      Really like the new take on Marrina. Enjoy the banter between Mac and Heather and Walt and Aurora. I love the artwork!

Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something? Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.

Extremely looking forward to this!!

As for whether or not this generates enough of an interest to warrant an on-going series or not. I wouldnt be opposed to an annual maxi series. Better than nothing at all. I think its a great idea that maybe Marvel should look into for other titles that were unable to keep up on-going sales numbers - She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger, Capt. Britain, Winter Guard, Ms. Marvel etc.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
      Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something?
      I personally hope not.
      After everything JP's been through with AF and the X-Men I think it'd be quite lazy writing and a cliché to make him that person again.

Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.
      His extremely fragile mental state after coming back from hell could well make it easy for him to be manipulated.

As for whether or not this generates enough of an interest to warrant an on-going series or not. I wouldnt be opposed to an annual maxi series. Better than nothing at all. I think its a great idea that maybe Marvel should look into for other titles that were unable to keep up on-going sales numbers - She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger, Capt. Britain, Winter Guard, Ms. Marvel etc.
      Agreed. We shall see though!
      DaVeO -
      Really like the new take on Marrina. Enjoy the banter between Mac and Heather and Walt and Aurora. I love the artwork!

Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something? Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.

Extremely looking forward to this!!

May want to look at this...Cloak & Dagger
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
      May want to look at this...Cloak & Dagger
      "We have so few books about relationships. They're a huge part of our lives, but they're usually handled as sub-plots, in a very surface-level way. They're one of the trickiest things to make work in mainstream super hero comics. One of our big goals is to make a great book about a super hero relationship"

Isn't that we most of us want out of Alpha Flight (and remember Byrne as writing this book like)? Alpha Flight, the team that is more like a family, with family interaction between the members?

As far as Cloak and Dagger go, they went from a 2010 one-shot and being part of Osborne's Dark Avengers, now crashing their way into a Spider-Man event, then into their own series. See, there is hope for Alpha Flight! (if only they could be situated in New York or San Francisco and interact daily with Spider-Man, FF, and/or the X-Somethings, we'd be guaranteed a hit! lol)
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Thirdly, the astral form - from how I've usually seen astral forms, the body sits still and is in a coma-like or otherwise suspended state while he consciousness flies off... I don't see how he can do the surgery and be in astral form at the same time.
      I wouldn't want to be that patient. My understanding is, to go into astral form (magic or telepathic), you pretty much need to leave your body on auto, and that's not something you want while preforming major surgery. Purjory, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Originally, Snowbird couldn't have one put in because it was stated if she bled something bad would happen or some such (although she bled during the battle with Kolomaq and healed herself after)...
      Yeah, I've always wondered about that. Maybe it was something about the specific fights? Because her 'must-not-bleed' line came in #12, and her actually bleeding came in #6.

- Le Messor
      "Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street."
      ~ Elbert Hubbard
      Le Messor -
      ...maybe Marvel should look into for other titles that were unable to keep up on-going sales numbers - She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger, Capt. Britain, Winter Guard, Ms. Marvel etc.
      I dunno... I generally don't read re-launched titles, even if I've collected the original series; I find that I love to read the original serieses like the ones above (and Power Pack), but when Marvel (or DC) tries to release a new series of them, they do it in a modern style. The modern style completely fails to capture the magic for me, and I end up with just another modern series; the kind that's driving me to the serieses of the 80s.

There's one obvious exception, of course.

- Le Messor
      "Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising."
      ~ Mark Twain
      Flightpath07 -
      There's one obvious exception, of course.
      The Brady Bunch had comics?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      The Brady Bunch had comics?
      I meant Care Bares. Obviously.

- Le Messor
      Said to have been posted in The Times’ offices to remind the staff of their public’s mental age:
      "They are only ten."
      Flightpath07 -
      Ah. Of course.

They're big down-under, are they?

Actually, Mik, the one on the right looks a lot like your avatar...