• Marvel.com's Q&A with Pak & Van Lente

Marvel has posted an interview with the writers of Alpha Flight Vol.4, Grek Pak & Fred Van Lente which features some new previously unseen pages from Issue #0.1 by artist Ben Oliver.

Go visit the link to see more!
    Comments 44 Comments
      Phil -
      The line about Puck
      Fred Van Lente: Let's just say his time in Hell over in Jason Aaron's WOLVERINE has changed him a bit.
      has me quite intrigued

It's not looking good for Kara.

Between her & Witchfire it's starting to get a bit dark for Betans!
      DelBubs -
      The line about Snowbird threw me briefly, until the comment about the traitor being a 'he'.
      Canucklehead -
      Woe! A Colossus of Purple People! Don't see that every day!

In which interview do they mention Witchfire!?
      -K-M- -
      Incredible art, and nice to see Persuasion again even though she looks to be a villian...or possibly under the orders to take Alpha Flight in by the government?
      -K-M- -
      Fred Van Lente: "You'll see quite a bit of that in the first issue, when they defend Vancouver from one of the most powerful of The Serpent's Worthy, who has his own army backing him up!"

Well that kind of confirms my thinking Attuma is who AF is going to fight as he has his own personal army, Vancouver is by the ocean and it could be a way for Marrina to step up and beat him.
      sengsterooney -
      I must admit I am loving Ben Oliver's visuals -- his dynamic angles and the detail. This is going to bode really well for the series and here's hoping it generates so much interest that it becomes a continuing series.

A leaner, meaner Persuasion is going to be interesting, but more than that, it is so good to see Guardian, Aurora, Sasquatch and Northstar back in action, the way they were back in the 1980s!

Woot!
      Bill P -
      Love this so far. Good art, story and charactarization. Persuasion as a "villian" interesting. Perfect fit for a new Omega Flight:

Persausion
      Witchfire
      Wild Child
      Box
      Smart Alec
      Flashback
      Diamond Lil
      Sedna
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Incredible art, and nice to see Persuasion again even though she looks to be a villian...or possibly under the orders to take Alpha Flight in by the government?
      Using Canadian citizens as cannon fodder seems a little too villainous to me.

Dana
      Flightpath07 -
      only one word necessary: "whoa..."
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
      Woe! A Colossus of Purple People! Don't see that every day!
      And Kyle being in there gives JP a reason to be pretty angry with Kara!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
      In which interview do they mention Witchfire!?
      I just meant generally speaking in her shift from Vol.1 #130 to her next appearance in Infernus #1.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
      Love this so far. Good art, story and charactarization. Persuasion as a "villian" interesting. Perfect fit for a new Omega Flight:

Persausion
      Witchfire
      Wild Child
      Box
      Smart Alec
      Flashback
      Diamond Lil
      Sedna
      Diamond Lil, Smart Alec, Wild Child, are all dead, and Flashback is retired and going to be dead at some point (due to the killing of one of his future selves). Although they could all be brought back, it isn't that likely to happen in a short maxi-series.

Liking the inclusion of Sedna...nice find!
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      The line about Snowbird threw me briefly, until the comment about the traitor being a 'he'.
      Unless he's using 'he' in the gender-neutral sense...or just plain messin' with the people he knows are probably reading these interviews obsessively and noting that this "he" comes alongside the teaser that Northstar is a reluctant hero who will do anything to regain what he's lost...

...not that I know anyone like that. Seriously, though, they're doing a good job so far with giving just about everyone on the team a plausible reason to be seen as the turncoat, and we haven't even gotten the first issue in-hand yet.

I'm just glad Northstar's not getting punked in the powers department for once. And man, is it just me, or is Mac seeming a little vicious in these previews? First a hail of reflected bullets, then Northstar having to hold him back from pummeling a mass of mind-controlled people.
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      And Kyle being in there gives JP a reason to be pretty angry with Kara!
      Seriously...making the boyfriend of your teenage crush into part of a grotesque and enormous automaton? Very Mean Girl...
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
      And man, is it just me, or is Mac seeming a little vicious in these previews? First a hail of reflected bullets, then Northstar having to hold him back from pummeling a mass of mind-controlled people.
      I dunno... I took it as Mac having to defend himself from the bullets the only way he could, using his suit's forcefield/blasts.
      And I think if Kyle hadn't been there Northstar wouldn't have cared.
      rplass -
      What is in the lower left corner of the 1st preview pic? Is that Karas butt? It looks as if she's hiked up her trenchcoat to show us some GA GA OO LA LA!
      Sypes -
      I fear Northstar's boyfriend might be dead by the end of that fight... wouldn't it make it tragic that he is finally in love and they kill him!
      Phil -
      I think he'll still be alive by the end of #0.1 as Dale's been drawing him.
      DaVeO -
      Very, very nice. Persuassion following in Daddy's footsteps now? Has to be more to it. I love the purple people giant.
      Flightpath07 -
      So...anybody else think that the 'changes' Puck has gone though in Hell, makes him the leader of the government forces? Not sure if Purple Woman is just a villain, or if she is out to get Alpha Flight on government orders, but it seems like Puck working for the goverrnment could probably convince a lot of other heroes to come and help him, convince them that going after Alpha is the right thing to do...
      DelBubs -
      Canada's own Civil War.