• Alpha Flight #0.1 Preview *UPDATED*

USA Today has an Exclusive 3 page preview of this May's Alpha Flight #0.1 along with an interview with Fred Van Lente.

Feast your eyes!

UPDATE:

Marvel have issued the following Press Release:

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Alpha Flight #0.1, from New York Times bestselling writers Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente and acclaimed artist Ben Oliver! As Fear Itself approaches, The fan-favorite super hero team returns in this special POINT ONE issue, a great starting point for new readers! Meet the founding members that made Alpha Flight great! Super-powered terrorists attack as the nation goes to the polls on Election Day and the country's greatest heroes rise to stop them — but are they on the right side?

“Alpha Flight Fans rejoice! One of comics’ greatest teams is back in their own book! Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak have crafted a perfect jumping on point for the new reader and AF loyalists alike,” said Marvel Senior Editor Mark Paniccia. “In just a few pages, the two scribes get you caught up with your favorite heroes, get them right into the action and seed a major plot point for the new maxi-series debuting in June with fan-favorite artist extraordinaire, Dale Eaglesham. Get on the horn, the message boards, communication devices of all types and tell your friends that Alpha Flight is back!”

Get in on the ground floor for one of this year’s hottest new series before they head into the fight of their lives during Fear Itself! Do you fear your country turning on you? Watch as the team gets drawn into a civil war all its own this May, only in Alpha Flight #0.1!

ALPHA FLIGHT #0.1 (MAR110629)
    Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by BEN OLIVER
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Rated T+ …$2.99
    FOC – 4/25/11. On Sale – 5/18/11
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Alpha Flight 0.1 Preview started by mreeez View original post
    Comments 39 Comments
      Phil -
      It's a good time to be an Alpha Fan methinks.
      Phil -
      And I also think a re-read of Wolverine:First Class #5 is in order for me tonight!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Now I want to re-read that issue too.

Dana
      Legerd -
      Over at Dale Eaglesham's site FVL said in reference to this interview:
      I think that one is just on-line.

But there are more coming...
      I take it to mean there are more newspaper interviews coming!
      Sasquatch17 -
      I love the banter between the characters...

But I hate Sasquatch's haircut!!!
      Flightpath07 -
      I take it to mean there are more newspaper interviews coming!
      Plus one here!
      Phil -
      The article's been updated....

Let the spoiler spaced speculation begin!
      varo -
      new interview. more art. wow!

http://marvel.com/news/story/15670/t...fred_van_lente
      Phil -
      Yup, see here for that.

Marvel are REALLY getting behind this series <3
      -K-M- -
      Incredible art, wow.
      varo -
      cant open a couple of the thumbnails on marvels site. bummer!!!
      Canucklehead -
      Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
      cant open a couple of the thumbnails on marvels site. bummer!!!
      They're working now.
      Legerd -
      Beautiful art! Nice to see Marvel promoting the book.
      Le Messor -
      "Marvel.com: Gotta ask, guys: What about Puck?
      Fred Van Lente: Let's just say his time in Hell over in Jason Aaron's WOLVERINE has changed him a bit."

Implies Puck will be in the book.

"Fred Van Lente: Let's say there is a major betrayal within Alpha's own ranks; one of the heroes turns traitor to side with the fascists, and you'll never guess who he is."

So it's a male hero, and one of the Alphans themselves.

"Marvel.com: The thrust of Fear Itself is of a mystical nature; how might the magic-based Shaman deal with that? Likewise, will Snowbird's goddess status make her uniquely in tune with the forces Sin has tapped into?"

I ... don't know why I thought that was significant...

- Le Messor
      "I thought, Homecoming Queen, I could open a yearbook someday and say 'I was there, I went to high school and had friends and for just one minute I got to live in the world.' And then there'd be proof. Proof I was chosen for something other than this. Besides, I look cute in a tiara."
      ~ Buffy
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      "Fred Van Lente: Let's say there is a major betrayal within Alpha's own ranks; one of the heroes turns traitor to side with the fascists, and you'll never guess who he is."
      I'll guess Stephen Harper. Oh wait, he said it would be a hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      "Marvel.com: The thrust of Fear Itself is of a mystical nature; how might the magic-based Shaman deal with that? Likewise, will Snowbird's goddess status make her uniquely in tune with the forces Sin has tapped into?"

I ... don't know why I thought that was significant...
      I do, but I'll never tell.
      Tawmis -
      WHEN does this come out?!?!?
      Phil -
      May 18th.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      I do, but I'll never tell.
      Then I will never know.
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      May 18th.
      Yeegads, too long to wait!

I am not too much of a fan of how Sasquatch is drawn, but the rest of the art looks amazing. I wish people would look at Alpha Flight v1 and see how Byrne drew him. More of an Orangutan type look, with arms as long as his body length, and huge ape like feet.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
      I am not too much of a fan of how Sasquatch is drawn, but the rest of the art looks amazing. I wish people would look at Alpha Flight v1 and see how Byrne drew him. More of an Orangutan type look, with arms as long as his body length, and huge ape like feet.
      Good news is, from what we've seen, Dale Eaglesham did look at the original before drawing - and the main series is the main thing.

- Le Messor
      "I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
      ~ alleged insurance claim