• Issue #2 Solicitation

Here's the solicit for AF #2:

ALPHA FLIGHT #2
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!

Alpha Flight… traitors??? After saving their country from the hammer-wielding XXXXX, The Flight are captured by
the newly risen Unity Party and branded as traitors. Now they must escape from the bowels of the top-secret facility, Department H, they once called home. In doing so they must confront the shocking betrayal of one of their core members -- and discover an imprisoned hero readers have clamored to see since this series was announced! The red-hot writing team of Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente and artistic legend Dale Eaglesham continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of one of Marvel’s most beloved super hero teams in a story that absolutely cannot be missed!

FINAL ORDER CUT-OFF 6/20, (ON-SALE 7/13/11)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Issue #2 Solicitation started by Legerd View original post
    Comments 58 Comments
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Alpha has faced Attuma a few times, maybe the hammer-wielder is him?

Dana
      -K-M- -
      Yeah it is confirmed Attuma is getting a hammer, so perhaps he could face AF
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Alpha has faced Attuma a few times, maybe the hammer-wielder is him?

Dana
      I think he's mainly for the Defenders oneshot, but it's possible.
      DaVeO -
      I actually kind of like the idea for The Chosen. I don't plan on getting Fear Itself but I did get The Book of the Skrull prelude just so I have a hint of what will be going on in AF. It was actually really good, but then I'm rarely disappointed in Brubaker's stories. Especially when dealing with WW II Cap, Bucky and Namor.

I actually hope the Chosen is NOT an AF bad guy they go up against. I'd rather see someone they've never faced before.
      Phil -
      The Worthy?
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
      Bleeding Cool released them in 3 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
      Thanks for the links mreeez. Hmmm, not really sure about these character designs, other than the post-hammer Thing, and the pre-hammer Absorbing Man.
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      I actually think that would be fantastic...I'd love to see an additional sinister personality be explored...Totally selfish, arrogant, ego-maniacal and vicious.
      I'd prefer not to swing toward the "mentally ill = untrustworthy psycho" trope. And I'd really like not to have JM lose the ground she seemed to have gained recently wrt dealing with her DID. That's the potential downside of the creative team going waaaay back to basics -- there's the danger of some good bits getting ignored along with the wtf-ery. Not that I'm sorry to lose low points like Alpha Flight attacking a school or Mac's increasingly preposterous series of resurrections, but there are some parts that add up to half-decent character progression in there too. But we'll see how it shakes out.
      Phil -
      I know the preview pages aren't much to go by but she seems well written to me, IMO.
      DaVeO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      The Worthy?
      Whoops, sorry. I meant The Worthy not The Chosen.
      Flightpath07 -
      The Worthy, The Chosen. You say potato, I say earth-apple.

As long as its Flight related, its all good.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      The Worthy, The Chosen. You say potato, I say earth-apple.
      As long as its Flight related, its all good.
      I say toe-paypo!

I vote one of the Worthy should be the telepath who betrayed the JLA, back from the dead after Diana killed him. He should get a special Mjolnir, made of Ag.

- Le Messor
      Calvin: I want horsey ride!
      Dad: I'm busy, Calvin.
      Calvin: You know, Dad, it won't be long before I'm all grown up. One day you'll wake up and wonder how all the years slipped by. You'll look back and say, "Where has the time gone? Calvin's so big, it's hard to remember he was small enough that I could give him horsey rides." ... But those days would be lost forever.
      Dad: I think I've worked through my potential guilt now.
      Calvin: No, no! Jump the fence!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      No, it should be made of Argh!
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I say toe-paypo!

I vote one of the Worthy should be the telepath who betrayed the JLA, back from the dead after Diana killed him. He should get a special Mjolnir, made of Ag.
      Max Lord? He's already alive and kicking again. I'm almost impressed by the turn-around time on that one.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
      Max Lord? He's already alive and kicking again. I'm almost impressed by the turn-around time on that one.
      Not that I know of... I just want Maxwell to have his own hammer. A silver one.

- Le Messor
      "I want to thank you for making this day necessary."
      ~ Yogi Berra on Yogi Berra Appreciation Day
      MajorMountie -
      Digger: Amazing.

As for Puck being the Betrayer... I guess I haven't really been following much of Marvel since the Civil War (the way they do all the comics to be very dark really bothers me) so I've missed a bunch of stuff. I really hope the character is basically what I remember of it. He was one of my favourites...
      Banshee -
      Puck is back? Joy unconfined. Now let's ditch the demon and go with Byrne's man of the world.

At this stage, I couldn't care who the traitor is, as long as the Flight is back. And Back for Good!
      Le Messor -
      (emphasis mine: )
      Quote Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
      Puck is back? Joy unconfined. Now let's ditch the demon and go with Byrne's man of the world.
      I think that's pretty much taken as read already.

- Le Messor
      "Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons and necking in the parlor."
      - Marx
      Flightpath07 -
      I dunno. It wasn't that long ago that we were told that the reason Puck was in Hell, was because of all those years he spent with a nasty demon/sorcerer inside of him.
      DelBubs -
      But then didn't he wake up in the shower with webbed hands and a lady calling him Patrick? I know my continuity I do
      Flightpath07 -
      Eh?