• Marvel Gives A First Look At Eaglesham's Alpha Flight *UPDATED*

In another positive push for the new Volume of Alpha Flight, Marvel.com brings us a sneak peek at Dale Eaglesham's sketchbook along with commentary from Dale himself on each of his designs.

Thursday saw a spotlight on Marrina, the most re-designed of all the characters, with more of the team on Friday.

For more of the sketches and Dale's notes visit here and here.

All images are property of Marvel, and are posted here out of support. Go visit the site and then order the comic!
    Comments 30 Comments
      Phil -
      I'd be worried about flooding the title with too many characters too soon.

We know that Talisman & Persuasion will be making cameos in #0.1, whether as appearances, flashbacks or just floating heads to indicate they're still alive is a different story.

A casual reader's likely to know of Puck, so that's already a cast of 11-ish Alphans, plus Cody + Kyle(JP's boyfriend, not Wildchild) that we know of.

Plus there's also the fact that the AoA Wildchild will be in Uncanny X-Force for a 3 issue arc, so they may think twice for that reason too.
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah, it appears to be one and the same...
      #0.1 sees an election for Canadian PM.
      Wow, it's really nice of all of us in Canada to decide to have an election this May to promote AF #0.1, eh? How's that for timing?
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I dunno, Phil...I can pretty much guarantee there will be more than 11 characters in the series (probably even in 0.1). Kyle and even Persuasion are supporting characters, at best (and maybe not even Kara)...I don't see how they'd count.

As for Bochs and Diamond Lil, they serve basically the same function, since their not part of the original team...they be just supporting characters (if not adversaries, that is).

Dana
      Phil -
      Yeah there'll be more than 11 characters, but I can't see there being a cast of more than 11 Alphans in the team.
      The 8 we've got is a well-rounded team.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      We know that Talisman & Persuasion will be making cameos in #0.1, whether as appearances, flashbacks or just floating heads to indicate they're still alive is a different story.
      Cool.
      I've lost track - where did we learn that?

- Le Messor
      "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night."
      ~ Calvin
      Flightpath07 -
      The 8 we've got is a well-rounded team.
      If they really wanted a well-rounded team, they would have added a 9th member; Pink Pearl.
      Phil -
      Err.. a combination of twitter and Dale Eaglesham's forum...
      I'll look for quotes at some point today.
      mreeez -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Ooooooo...I sense an appearance by Wild Child....(oh pleeze oh pleeze oh pleeze)
      Jaxon
      DIGGER -
      Gotta agree with mreez and think that Jaxon is going to be involved in someway, somehow just to renew the battle with Hudson

DIGGER
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      That would be AWESOME! I'm just sayin'.

Dana