• Alpha Flight #1 Solicitation : Updated with Eaglesham Variant Cover

Standard Cover, No Trade Dress
    ALPHA FLIGHT #1 ( of 8 )
    Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN

A FEAR ITSELF maxi-series spinoff! Do you fear...your country turning on you? Alpha Flight has long been the protector of an entire nation...but what happens when that nation needs to be protected from itself? New York Times best-selling authors Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along withred-hot artist Dale Eaglesham, bring back the team you demanded—the original Alpha Flight! Sasquatch, Snowbird, Northstar and Aurora have been joined by their revived allies Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman, and Marrina as the paragons and protectors of an entire nation
    . But as FEAR ITSELF takes over, their own country turns on the Flight and brands them traitors for the shocking actions of one of their closest allies. As the borders close and an entire nation hunts them down, will the newly reunited Alpha Flight survive?
    40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

(ON-SALE 6/8/11)

EDIT 30/4:

Eaglesham Variant for #1 Confirmed

MAR118215
    ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (OF 7) EAGLESHAM VAR FEAR (PP #969)
    PI
    Eaglesham Variant Cover for Alpha Flight#1

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at artist Dale Eaglesham’s variant cover to ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (of 8 ), featuring the return of Canada’s greatest heroes! As the shadow of Fear Itself falls across the globe, will a nation turn to – or turn on – Alpha Flight in their greatest hour of need?

“I've always wanted to do ALPHA FLIGHT, but didn't think I'd ever get the opportunity, so I'm very excited about this,” said Eaglesham. “This is the ideal team book - the characters have such depth and are so unique, so colorful. We have the heroic and iconic in Guardian, Snowbird and Northstar, for example, along with some quirkier heroes like Sasquatch and Marrina. As an artist, this is something I can really sink my teeth into and I'm loving every minute! With Greg and Fred writing, we also have some very topical, gripping and moving stories. I think the fans are going to fall in love with this book. I know I am.”
    Discover why the team still stands tall as the greatest heroes of the Great White North, only in ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (of 8 )! No fan can miss the thunderous return of a legendary Marvel super team this June!

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (of 8 ) (APR110547)
    ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (of 8 ) EAGLESHAM VARIANT (MAR118215)
    Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ Variant
    Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FOC – 5/16/11. On Sale – 6/8/11

Comments 33 Comments
      Ben -
      Yah, I've thought for a long time they should do that with Mac and Heather, rather than have thier leaves facing the same way.
      Phil -
      Shame about the Vol.2 logo.
      I think that's my least favourite of all of them
      Legerd -
      That is a sweet looking Sasquatch on the Eaglesham variant!
      Sypes -
      Looking sharp! Snowbird and Marrina look especially impressive to me! And good lord, how Heather and Mac are ripped! Why can't my body get like that!
      Mokole -
      Great cover, Eaglesham sure has his mojo orking, and great colours too.
      Flightpath07 -
      I like the way the uniforms have wrinkles. I also like Shaman's hair being streaked with grey. Sasquatch's body shape looks good, but his face is still a little off looking for my tastes. The knee torn out of Mac's costume is a neat touch. What the heck is up with Shaman waving around a hatchet?

The upside down flag, together with the billows of thick orange smoke, are very ominous...
      DelBubs -
      Are Marrina and Sub Mariner still legally wed?
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      WHERE'S THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE? WHERE'S THE DEATH CERTIFICATE? WHERE'S THE uh, blastey eyed leviathan severed head, uh, and then, you know, Chaos King resurrection CERTIFICATE?
      DelBubs -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      WHERE'S THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE? WHERE'S THE DEATH CERTIFICATE? WHERE'S THE uh, blastey eyed leviathan severed head, uh, and then, you know, Chaos King resurrection CERTIFICATE?
      I'll put you in the 'don't know' column then ?
      DaVeO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      I like the way the uniforms have wrinkles. I also like Shaman's hair being streaked with grey. Sasquatch's body shape looks good, but his face is still a little off looking for my tastes. The knee torn out of Mac's costume is a neat touch. What the heck is up with Shaman waving around a hatchet?

The upside down flag, together with the billows of thick orange smoke, are very ominous...
      Shaman with a magic tomahawk? I could get used to that. It's a lot more threatening then a magic handbag (I know, I know, a medicine pouch, but do you think the Wrecking Crew are going to know that?).
      Flightpath07 -
      "Magical Handbag"...lol. Good thing i wasn't drink anything when i read that!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      Most marriages are "until death do you part", which has happened at least twice for them...

- Le Messor
      "I’d like to be buried Indian-style, where they put you up on a high rack, above the ground. That way, you could get hit by meteorites and not even feel it."
      bigbloo -
      I like the subtle symbology. Canada, represented by the flag, is upside down, wrong. Mac and Heather's costumes make a right side up flag.