• Alpha Flight Fear Itself Promo & Concept Artwork

This weeks Cup O' Joe - Talk To The Hat column with Tom Brevoort over on Comic Book Resources features a promotional advert for Alpha Flight

as well as some concept artwork from series artist Dale Eaglesham

As stated, all images come from CBR - visit them for more information.
    Comments 30 Comments
      Phil -
      Maybe it's a plot point, or just a way to distinguish Mac & Heather's uniforms.
      Legerd -
      Maybe it's designed that when Mac and Heather stand together they form the Canadian flag?
      Phil -
      Yeah, that was my thought...similar to Northstar & Aurora.
      Flightpath07 -
      But if Northstar and Aurora stand together, they negate each other's powers!
      mos_def -
      I dont think they negate each other anymore. I could be wrong but they could touch when Talisman recruited the, against Llan the Sorcerer
      mos_def -
      I guess we know who the traitor is now
      rplass -
      It's Mac! Mac's the traitor!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      It's Mac! Mac's the traitor!
      It's a subtle visual clue! He's a literal turn-coat!

But... he's still dressed forwards on the cover...
      Now I'm cfeusndo.

- Le Messor
      "I often quote myself; it adds spice to my conversation."
      ~ G. B. Shaw
      mos_def -
      Has FVL mention he isnt touching anything from vol2? Maybe it is one of Clarke's copies when Wolverine gutted Mac? Mac being the traitor would be hard on me cuz of all his deaths and now to betray the team. Say it aint so
      DIGGER -
      Maybe Mac is just talkin' to the man in the mirror... just askin' him to change his ways.

DIGGER
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      or just a way to distinguish Mac & Heather's uniforms.
      ... Sorry to take it all down a notch, but seriously, I imagine this is the reason.

- Le Messor
      "I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: "no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall"."
      ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Lovely artwork.

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I'd say there's about three teams, occupying 60 books...

They could add to the uniqueness of Alpha Flight (later he does the old 'they're just Canadian Avengers' thing) with: a loosely-assembled non-team team book...

The artwork looks nice, but is Mac wearing his costume backwards in that first shot?

- Le Messor
      "Marge, Lisa has a human face, doesn't she?"
      ~ Homer
      You're pretty much right about the three teams, Mik...Fantastic Four, Avengers (and it's various offshoots: New, Mighty, Young, Academy and even the old Force Works) and X-Men (Astonishing, Young, X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, etc, etc, etc...).

The thing with Alpha is, they're not any of those teams, they are their own animal....Pretty much have always been. It's the same with the Defenders, Midnight Sons or even the Thunderbolts...All of these teams may have some sort of connection(s) to one of the core team books, but they are their own individual animals in the zoo. It's about time Marvel realized that and stopped trying to force these other team books to be like the core teams.

Marvel tried to force Alpha Flight into the Avengers mold (Omega Flight), into the X-Men mold (Volume 2)...Neither approach worked.

Truly, Alpha Flight has aspects of all three of the Big teams of Marvel, but I don't think they'll work being forced into the brother and sister team's shoes. It's rather exhausting to hear Brevoort calling Alpha "Avengers North" again and again...They're not.

Dana
      Le Messor -
      Digger, you wanna be startin' somethin'?
      You ain't fat, you ain't nuthin'!

Dana - yep, they need to market their other teams more. It just gets annoying to see the same guys over and over again, and I think a lot of fans feel that way, judging from what little I see them talking about.

- Le Messor
      "I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored."
      ~ Wayne
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Maybe its really Delphine Courtney.
      I would be in heaven if they brought Delphine back. Awesome character.

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      It's interesting to note that Puck is on that wall as being "wanted" too.

Dana
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      It's interesting to note that Puck is on that wall as being "wanted" too.

Dana
      And Mac isn't.

As far as Mac being the 'traitor'...I view it as just being loyal to his government, even if he doesn't agree with said government.
      Phil -
      Yeah... that was my thought when I started the poll.
      mreeez -
      Sas will be the traitor. He'll think he's doing the right thing but it will be the wrong one of course, as is with his character.
      Flightpath07 -
      As far as the reversed Maple Leaf on Mac's costume...if you look close, it is also reversed as well on Heather's costume as well.

I'd say we can chalk this one up to an artistic "oops".