• SUPPORT ALPHA FLIGHT NOW - PREORDER

Over the years this site and it's various incarnations before it has been home to some of the biggest and most vocal Alpha Flight fans on the internet, and each time we've had a series cancelled from under us you've done us proud and joined the varying Fight For The Flight campaigns and sent Marvel letters and e-mails stating how much you wanted a decent Alpha Flight title.

This time around, it's time to be pre-emptive & Pre-Order;

I cannot stress the importance of these pre-order numbers.
    The sales for early issues can determine the outcome of the book, leaving it to chance on a shelf isn't a guarantee because retailers might not be willing to take a chance on Alpha Flight OR it could go the other way and AF could be the next sell-out, and are you really willing to risk missing it?

The Solicitation for #1 is in Previews NOW
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is May 18th.

If you have a regular pull list at your LCS it's imperitive that you ask your retailer to order it for you & add it to your pull.
    If you've never set up a Standing Order, now's the time to do it.

The Diamond Order Code is MAY110588
    With this, any retailer that has a Diamond Account can make sure you get a copy.

If you don't have an LCS or prefer to do things over the net for whatever reason there are plenty of online retailers that offer the same service.
    Try http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ for your nearest store.

--
    #1 Details

The Solicitation for #1 is in Previews NOW
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is April 18th.

If you have a regular pull list at your LCS it's imperitive that you ask your retailer to order it for you & add it to your pull.
    If you've never set up a Standing Order, now's the time to do it.

The Diamond Order Code is APR110547
    With this, any retailer that has a Diamond Account can make sure you get a copy.

If you don't have an LCS or prefer to do things over the net for whatever reason there are plenty of online retailers that offer the same service.
    Try http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ for your nearest store.

--
    #0.1 Pre-Order Details:

So this time around, it's time to be pre-emptive; the Solicitation for #0.1 is out in Previews now.
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is March 18th.
    That means that we've got about 12 days for the initial orders to be counted from the time I post this.

The Diamond Order Code for #0.1 is MAR110629.

The cover to #0.1 is also available as poster for those interested, under the Order Code of MAR110806
    Comments 47 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Then you get a cookie.
      Yay! Cookies and Alpha Flight!

- Le Messor
      "Come to the Dark Side... we have cookies."
      - T-Shirt
      Phil -
      Yeah, it was an assumption based on how Marvel posters are usually produced/solicited.
      Flightpath07 -
      Yeah, it was an assumption based on how Marvel posters are usually produced/solicited.
      It does make most sense.
      Banshee -
      Happy St. Patrick's day and I preordered a couple of copies yesterday. Hope the Flight flies this time!
      Flightpath07 -
      Down a pint for me in Dublin, Banshee! Slainte m'hath, Slainte m'hor!
      Phil -
      Without going too Off Topic... 15 hrs worth of Guinness drinking yesterday... 2 hrs sleep... work today is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
      Le Messor -
      MrSlippers -
      Really hoping that the AF Magic will return. A huge fan of the original Byrne run (although JB himself wasn't too keen!)

Bill Mantlo killed the original title

2nd volume had potential but was short lived

3rd volume was AWWWWFULLLL!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      So...I pre-ordered #0.1 and the rest of the series at two different comic stores (Newbury Comics and a local-owned store called Casablanca Comics).

Dana
      Phil -
      Thread Update:

Yesterday saw the April/June Previews catalog go on sale, which means pre-orders for #1 are now open sales-wise.

If you haven't already added the whole series to your pull list with your LCS and are ordering the issues individually now's the time to order #1.

(If you've already opted to have the whole series added then your retailer will have increased their stock level by one and your purchase will count towards sales; there's no need to order again.)
      Flightpath07 -
      No, there is always a need to re-order, Phil. As good as pre-ordering is, combining it with re-ordering means even more sales!
      Le Messor -
      re-preorder?
      r-e-o-r-d-e-r, find out what it means to her!
      Phil -
      Ala 2 posts ago;

Thread updated for #2 details and new members to the site who haven't yet pre-ordered.

#0.1 is due May 18th so if you're sitting on the fence you can pre-order #2 (and the rest of the series) the same day, after you've flicked through!
      Phil -
      According to Diamond the Alpha Flight Poster should be in stores today.
      Trewqp -
      Will we be able to get the information on how the pre-orders did? (And whether or not it was good compared to other series going on?)
      berserkerclaw -
      well my brothers doing it for me hes gonna preorder all eight of the maxi at the store he goes to since i dont have one near were i live
      Phil -
      I've been talking to a few retailers today about how well received #0.1 was and a lot of them had positive comments and said that they'd sold out and were trying to get more.
      Whether this means they didn't order many to start with, I can't say.
      Hopefully it'll be a good sign.

Sales figures should be out in the next few weeks.
      Le Messor -
      I've been talking to a few retailers today about how well received #0.1 was and a lot of them had positive comments and said that they'd sold out and were trying to get more.
      The comic shop which had missed out on all their copies told me a lot of people were asking after it.

- Le Messor
      "I have noticed hat the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
      ~ E.V. Lucas
      Sypes -
      The store I got my two copies from said it was their largest pre-order in many recent years!
      bigbloo -
      Here in Manila, the comic sold out at three stores I went to. Same thing, they ran out and a lot of people were asking for it so they are planning to order more.