• SUPPORT ALPHA FLIGHT NOW - PREORDER

Over the years this site and it's various incarnations before it has been home to some of the biggest and most vocal Alpha Flight fans on the internet, and each time we've had a series cancelled from under us you've done us proud and joined the varying Fight For The Flight campaigns and sent Marvel letters and e-mails stating how much you wanted a decent Alpha Flight title.

This time around, it's time to be pre-emptive & Pre-Order;

I cannot stress the importance of these pre-order numbers.
    The sales for early issues can determine the outcome of the book, leaving it to chance on a shelf isn't a guarantee because retailers might not be willing to take a chance on Alpha Flight OR it could go the other way and AF could be the next sell-out, and are you really willing to risk missing it?

The Solicitation for #1 is in Previews NOW
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is May 18th.

If you have a regular pull list at your LCS it's imperitive that you ask your retailer to order it for you & add it to your pull.
    If you've never set up a Standing Order, now's the time to do it.

The Diamond Order Code is MAY110588
    With this, any retailer that has a Diamond Account can make sure you get a copy.

If you don't have an LCS or prefer to do things over the net for whatever reason there are plenty of online retailers that offer the same service.
    Try http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ for your nearest store.

--
    #1 Details

The Solicitation for #1 is in Previews NOW
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is April 18th.

If you have a regular pull list at your LCS it's imperitive that you ask your retailer to order it for you & add it to your pull.
    If you've never set up a Standing Order, now's the time to do it.

The Diamond Order Code is APR110547
    With this, any retailer that has a Diamond Account can make sure you get a copy.

If you don't have an LCS or prefer to do things over the net for whatever reason there are plenty of online retailers that offer the same service.
    Try http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ for your nearest store.

--
    #0.1 Pre-Order Details:

So this time around, it's time to be pre-emptive; the Solicitation for #0.1 is out in Previews now.
    The Order Deadline for sales figures is March 18th.
    That means that we've got about 12 days for the initial orders to be counted from the time I post this.

The Diamond Order Code for #0.1 is MAR110629.

The cover to #0.1 is also available as poster for those interested, under the Order Code of MAR110806
    Comments 47 Comments
      Phil -
      It's a positive sign, but it could just mean they didn't order many in the first place.

Sales figures should be out in about 2 weeks.
      Ben -
      I believe my LCS has already ordered a second batch of 0.1
      Ahab -
      I went to the local Newbury Comics at noon on the day that it came out and they were already sold out. They did tell me though that their records show that most stores only ordered 2-6 copies. I figure that they are probably talking about Newbury Comics specifically - but did say that they were going to order more. Same story - they were surprised how many people were interested.
      In the meantime, I pre-ordered #1 & 2.
      rplass -
      Ahab, that's great news!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Ahab, that's great news!
      'cept the part where you couldn't get your copy, either.

- Le Messor
      "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
      ~ Woodrow Wilson
      Phil -
      A store only ordering 2-6 copies is never a good sign though.

All these sell-outs doesn't mean a thing if stores didn't take a chance on the title to start with.

The initital ordering numbers will dictate how many copies get printed as there's only a certain overprint to each issue afterwards for re-allocation.

If initial orders were low and then the overstock of the print-run get re-ordered while it makes the issue a sellout at Diamond it doesn't mean a second print if initial sales don't make it financially viable.

I do, however get shop's apprehension to order in bulk after Volume 3's failiure and the fact that you can't return excess unsold comics. No-one wants a 90's situation again.
      swh_comicguy -
      My LCS ordered 25 copies of #0.1 and only had 3 left last week. Pretty good sell through for a 0.1 issue. They're expecting even better for #1.