• Tell Marvel YOU love Alpha Flight!

[table][TR][TD]Fans Want More Alpha Flight With the publication of the Chaos War: Alpha Flight one-shot fans have come to life. Rave reviews, glowing praise, and huge interest points to one fact. Fans want more Alpha Flight like this! In interview with AlphFlight.net, creators Jim McCann and Reilly Brown expressed interest in making more Alpha Flight comics.

Marvel needs to know just how much fan enjoyed this comic, and how much they want more! Please contact Marvel and tell them how much you loved Chaos War: Alpha Flight, and that you want more like this! Please tell them also that you want to see the amazing creative team of McCann and Brown return to the pages of Alpha Flight.

Below are suggest means of contacting Marvel. Please feel free to more than one of these contact methods (or all):
    [/TD][/TR][TR][TD] Email:
    MHeroes@Marvel.com
    & mondomarvel@marvel.com (editorial staff)

Snail Mail:

Marvel Entertainment, LLC
    135 W. 50th Street, 7th Floor
    New York, NY 10020

Attention to:
    Mark Paniccia, Jordan White (editors) and Tom Brevoort. Maybe the best way to ensure all of the above receive the message is to send copies of your letter with ATTENTION to each.

Twitter Editor Jordan White:
    @cracksh0t

Please, if you loved Chaos War: Alpha Flight, or just love Alpha Flight in general, join us in getting attention for Alpha Flight.

Thanks for your interest, and efforts. Long Live Alpha Flight!

Ben Wells - editor
    [/TD][/TR][/table]
    Comments 9 Comments
      Le Messor -
      The ifanboy wasn't a review so much as a press release, but the others were.
      They all liked it! Hey, Mikey!

Phil, did you choose ones that liked it, or is everybody into it?

A couple of people liked the colours, one of them calling them 'classic'.
      That's the big let-down of this issue for me, the only really big one. Modern comics colouring is my particular bęte noire at the moment, and I'm afraid this issue was no exception. I was reading it last night, looking at Snowbird's costume and the sky and thinking 'doesn't this colourist have a light blue'? Her costume should be an icy blue, like snow, to tie in with her name not navy.
      But that's me.

(Obviously, I also disagree with the reviewer who called Puck 'annoying'. Maybe they'd seen the X-Men cartoon?)

Otherwise, it's good to see people saying great things about this!

I loved this bit from the last one:
      "Unfortunately, my old favourite Puck isn't back - it's explained by Shaman that he's off 'to a place even I dare not follow' (ie some Wolverine comic or other)."
      Hee hee... but Shaman's been in Wolverine comics before!

- Le Messor
      Calvin: I called Susie a boogerbrain after school, and she went home crying.
      Hobbes: Goodness, why'd you do that?
      Calvin: I dunno. I was just teasing.
      Hobbes: It sounds like you hurt her feelings.
      Calvin: I didn't mean for her to take the insult personally!
      Phil -
      The iFanboy one links to a review.
      I chose ones that I found that happened to like it, but to be fair I haven't seen a review that hates it.
      Le Messor -
      Oh, you mean there where it says 'read review'?

Woot! Another positive!

- Le Messor
      "I came to MIT to get an education for myself and a diploma for my mother."
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      The iFanboy one links to a review.
      I chose ones that I found that happened to like it, but to be fair I haven't seen a review that hates it.
      I was curious about what different reviews had to say and checked out a few. All were positive if not downright glowing (even if the writer had little to no knowledge of Alpha Flight) except for one. Simon Furman, former Alpha Vol. 1 scribe (issues #110-112,114-130) had this to say:

Having steered Alpha Flight’s destiny myself for a couple of years, I’m always glad to see Canada’s finest back (and eager to see them thrive in good/capable hands). But, true to expectations (based on my immersion into Chaos War #3), this is a misguided exercise, with a lot of standing around talking and vacillating (will they/won’t they help these Great Beasts — who cares?) and, yep, four characters ‘back from the dead’.
      I almost cried at the wholesale, shoulder-shrugging ease Guardian & Co. came back to the land of living. At one point, Sasquatch wonders about the dead Puck, only to be told by Shaman, “I tried, but he slipped away to a place even I dare not follow.” Clever Puck, I thought, clever Puck.

Ow.
      Legerd -
      Just to make up for posting that really negative review, here's one that blows it (and even all the positive reviews) out of the water.

(note: contains excessive swearing)

http://www.poptardsgo.com/?p=1549
      Le Messor -
      He's summing up my feelings very well. Except:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mackner View Post
      THE GREAT BEASTS make their long-awaited (by no one but me, apparently) comeback, as well!!!!!!
      He is oh so wrong about that. Plenty of people have been long-awaiting that!

He destroyed the Dream Dimension, so the living have been placed in a state of eternal sleep.
      This gave me a moment of fridge logic. If destroying the Dream Dimension had any effect at all on your sleeping/waking state, wouldn't it wake you up permanently, instead of putting you to sleep? (Just like destroying the underworld made everyone come to life, since there was no place for the dead to go.)

He’s a hairy midget who does cartwheels! When is THAT not popular????
      LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

He mentioned the flying trike. I loved that, too, and have forgotten to mention it 'til now!

And, uh, who's Mark Mackner?

- Le Messor
      "I can walk like a man but I'm not one."
      ~ Angel
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      This gave me a moment of fridge logic. If destroying the Dream Dimension had any effect at all on your sleeping/waking state, wouldn't it wake you up permanently, instead of putting you to sleep? (Just like destroying the underworld made everyone come to life, since there was no place for the dead to go.)
      If he's accurately describing the story then you should be taking up the logic (or lack of) with Marvel and not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      And, uh, who's Mark Mackner?
      You're the one quoting him, don't you know?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      If he's accurately describing the story then you should be taking up the logic (or lack of) with Marvel and not him.
      I kinda meant to blame Marvel for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      You're the one quoting him, don't you know?
      After years of seeing my quoting style, you think that makes any difference?

Um, really, I got linked to him from the post above mine, and his blog keeps calling him a 'movie legend' or something. So I'm wondering who's this legend I've never heard of?

- Le Messor
      "I can still recall old Mister Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to the old board of his. Then he’d spin it round and round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he’d yell out, “Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!” We all thought he was crazy. But then we had some growing up to do."
      ~ Jack Handey