• Marvel Premier Classics X-Men: Alpha Flight HC

Solicited for Feb 2011: X-Men and Alpha Flight (both series) along with Uncanny X-Men #s 109, 120, 121, 139 and 140 for $34.99

Here's the cover:

And the variant:

This article was originally published in forum thread: New Alpha Flight HC in February started by rplass View original post
    Comments 57 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you: The spice exists on only one planet in the known universe.

Also, and slightly more relevant to this thread, I can come close to guaranteeing that the special features for this hardcover will be Marvel Universe Handbook entries; one on Alpha as a whole, probably one or two on the original original six - the Hudsons, but probably not everybody.

- Le Messor
      "I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either."
      rplass -
      Add up the pages from the issues stated, subtract from the solicited page count, what do you get?
      Le Messor -
      Maths headache?
      Le Messor -
      But seriously folks, the page count won't help, it'll only tell us whether there are more pages than the original print - not what's on them.

I've been saying that there'll be OHOTMU pages. That's based on the fact that between #s 28 and 52, all of them had OHOTMU pages in the back. (Which would confuse the page count idea.)
      (I haven't gone and looked at them all, but I noticed they were in there on reading, and it seems to start at #28.)
      #54 does not.

So, I'm going to take back my 'guarantee' that they'll be in there. I will state with absolute certainty that AF's OHOTMU pages might or might not be in there.

- Le Messor
      "I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"
      - HHGTTG
      Le Messor -
      Now that my attention's been drawn back to this thread, more on the 'Marvel Premiere Classics' special features issue:

MPC #52 was the last of mine that had OHOTMU pages as features, and I'm now up to #58.
      The Alpha Flight one will be #66 (two gn's before Dr. Strange's first, btw!)

What they have been doing lately is reprinting 'extra pages' in the back - pages that were meant to align the page count properly in previous trade printings, so that two-page spreads would still be two-page spreads (I noticed with one of them that they were probably meant to replace double-pages). When they exist, of course.
      That doesn't quite apply to the Classic X-Men pages, but it's the closest I've got.

- Le Messor
      "I have understanding... of digital watches. And soon I shall have understanding of videocassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I will have understanding of computers. And when I have understanding of computers, _I_ shall be the supreme being."
      ~ The Evil One, Time Bandits
      Phil -
      The advance solicitation date of this for May makes a lot more sense now!
      4th May shipping, so perhaps Vol 4 #0.1 the same week or the following week!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      The advance solicitation date of this for May makes a lot more sense now!
      4th May shipping, so perhaps Vol 4 #0.1 the same week or the following week!
      Ooh, you're so right!

- LM
      Debbie: I just can't tell, does he like me at all?
      Morticia: Of course he does. He vomited.
      Debbie: That's true. Does he do that with all the women he likes?
      Morticia: Oh no. Just you.
      Phil -
      According to Diamond the HC has been pushed back to 8th June which is the same date as Volume 4 #1 rather than #0.1
      Ahab -
      Which is my 15th year anniversary. I wonder if my wife will appreciate a copy of Alpha Flight #1 for her anniversary gift?
      Phil -
      Finally in stores today!
      rplass -
      Awesome. Mine comes in 2 weeks. Phil, which cover are you getting, the variant or the regular cover?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Awesome. Mine comes in 2 weeks. Phil, which cover are you getting, the variant or the regular cover?
      I'm not Phil, but I thought I'd mention I'm getting the variant... but I get all the MPC variants.

- Le Messor
      "The purpose of all war is peace."
      ~ St. Augustine
      Phil -
      I ordered mine online to save 35% so I've gotta wait 4 weeks, so I still don't know if it's got the Classic pages in or not.
      I've ordered the MPC Variant.
      I'll possibly pick up the standard in a few years when it's cheaper.
      Le Messor -
      I ordered mine online to save 35% so I've gotta wait 4 weeks, so I still don't know if it's got the Classic pages in or not.
      I've ordered the MPC Variant.
      I'll possibly pick up the standard in a few years when it's cheaper.
      Good, but trust me - don't go the other way around. I've still got one of the standards and I can't find the variant anywhere.

- Le Messor
      "A good horse should seldom be spurred."
      ~ Thomas Fuller
      Phil -
      Yeah, all of mine are the DM edition apart from 2. I think the spine looks better on a shelf too.
      Le Messor -
      I think the spine looks better on a shelf too.
      Me three!
      Le Messor -
      My local LCS ha sent me an email telling me my copy's in! Yay!
      I may have to wait a month before I can pick it up, though. I might be able to get it after church tomorrow, but as I'm leaving the country the day after...

- Le Messor
      "If you enjoy what you are doing, you can always find time for whatever you want to do."
      ~ W.G.P.
      DelBubs -
      Going Anywhere nice?
      Le Messor -
      Hope so. I haven't brought it up because it'll be unpossible for me to get a chance to meet anybody, but I'm hoping to see for the first time:
      San Francisco (the non-airport portion)
      The Grand Canyon
      Vasquez Rocks

I'll also go to my grandparents' house (remind me to wear a red hood and not talk to any wolves).

I'll obviously (probably) not be doing much posting for the next month.

- Le Messor
      "Income is a fixed sum of money that is hard to live within, but harder to live without."
      ~ W.G.P.
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Also, and slightly more relevant to this thread, I can come close to guaranteeing that the special features for this hardcover will be Marvel Universe Handbook entries; one on Alpha as a whole, probably one or two on the original original six - the Hudsons, but probably not everybody.

- Le Messor
      Is this guarantee rock solid? For those of you who have this in your hands already, are there Handbook entries?