• Marvel Premier Classics X-Men: Alpha Flight HC

Solicited for Feb 2011: X-Men and Alpha Flight (both series) along with Uncanny X-Men #s 109, 120, 121, 139 and 140 for $34.99

Here's the cover:

And the variant:

This article was originally published in forum thread: New Alpha Flight HC in February started by rplass View original post
    Comments 57 Comments
      suzene -
      Any price-tag on that puppy? Because that sounds tempting, but paying money for Ben Raab's work ever again puts me on the fence so far as acquiring it goes.
      Flightpath07 -
      Cool.
      rplass -
      Here's the cover which I love love love:
      Attachment 611
      And the variant
      Attachment 610

The price is $34.99 (for each)

Love,
      rplass
      Tawmis -
      Yeah the variant is by far superior.
      humanracin -
      Fantastic!
      Will buy this for sure, even though I usually only buy softcovers.
      So we have Alpha action in new comics and trades...cool!
      Next I would like:
      1 A new Alpha Flight ongoing
      2 Alpha Flight Classic Volume 2 TPB
      3 Alpha Flight Vol 2 (90s) Ultimate Collection TPB (complete series in 1 volume)
      4 Northstar limited series + extras TPB
      suzene -
      And a pony.
      humanracin -
      Yes a pony in a Guardian suit...why didn't I think of that!

Seriously though, how many bloody Avengers trades do we get every month, it's not too much to ask for a couple of AFs?

And we get what 5 or so Deadpool comics every month, just give us 1 AF comic... that is all, end rant!
      Phil -
      Kinda bummed I bothered buying the Asgardian Wars HC now, but there's no way I can't pick this up....
      Phil -
      And the variant is the Smith cover, not the other one(which they list as being by Byrne).
      Ben -
      that's great for new readers, so they can enjoy some of the harder to find important AF stuff!
      Phil -
      I wonder if it'll be the standard versions of the story or the Classic X-Men version with the extra pages...
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I wonder if it'll be the standard versions of the story or the Classic X-Men version with the extra pages...
      ... the classic x-men issues had more pages?

*head desk*

I bet it's the standard though...
      rplass -
      And the variant is the Smith cover, not the other one(which they list as being by Byrne).
      Are you sure about this? I'm fairly certain I did this right, the Cockrum cover being the partial reprinting of the cover of UXM #109 as the variant and the Smith cover reprinting the wraparound cover of the X-Men Alpha Flight crossover is the regular cover.

EDIT: I fixed the OP with the correct info

Don't make me come over there! >

Love,
      rplass
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
      ... the classic x-men issues had more pages?

*head desk*

I bet it's the standard though...
      Yes, the Classic X-Men versions of UXM#'s 109, 120 and 121 had additional material, a few extra pages:

Classic X -Men #16: This issue is a reprint of Uncanny X-Men #109, with some extra material. The cover is an amazing rendition by Arthur Adams of events within UXM #109, where Mac first pops up out of the ground. The extra AF-related material is on p6, where Mac briefly recaps his association with Logan and dons his cybernetic helmet and on p21, where he reviews his performance and flies back to 138A Laurier Drive and finds Heather Hudson at home.

Classic X-Men #26: This issue is a reprint of Uncanny X-Men #120, with some extra material. The cover says, "And now... Sasquatch!", and shows Sasquatch's arm. The extra AF-related material is on p3, showing Mac in the Dept H. control room, viewing the team roster, then calling Heather and talking about the upcoming mission.

Classic X-Men #27: This issue is a reprint of Uncanny X-Men #121, with some extra material. The cover says, "Along came… Alpha Flight" and shows a very evil shadowy team standing in angry victory over fallen X-Men. The extra AF-related material is on p20, an epilogue page depicting events after Logan's escape. The interior cover also shows a Polaroid of Hudson and Logan in civilian clothes enjoying a beer and a cigar as well as an image in f/b to the fight sequence of UXM #109, shown below.
      Attachment 619
      Attachment 620

Love,
      rplass
      Tawmis -
      I may need to go back and find these again...
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Are you sure about this? I'm fairly certain I did this right, the Cockrum cover being the partial reprinting of the cover of UXM #109 as the variant and the Smith cover reprinting the wraparound cover of the X-Men Alpha Flight crossover is the regular cover.
      Check any of the other Marvel Premiere Classics series, the 2 layered colour version is always the variant.
      Le Messor -
      Check any of the other Marvel Premiere Classics series, the 2 layered colour version is always the variant.
      Yes, I've posted that I've been collecting all of them - so this will be mine either way.
      That said, I really can't predict whether they'll include the bonus material, but knowing them I'm leaning towards 'yes' - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tacked on to the end.

But I can confirm what Phil posted - the 2 layered colour version is always the variant. And really annoying when the three you had to buy over Amazon turned out not to be the variant!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
      And a pony.
      Aww myannnn, Suzene, you know my horse is dead!

- Le Messor
      Okay, maybe you didn't know that...

Buffy: How was school today?
      Dawn: The usual, big square building filled with boredom and despair.
      Buffy: Just how I remember it.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      That said, I really can't predict whether they'll include the bonus material, but knowing them I'm leaning towards 'yes' - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tacked on to the end.
      A little research later:
      The Wikipedia page for Marvel Premier Classics says it'll reprint Uncanny X-Men, not Classic X-Men, so I'm not going to hold my breath for the bonus material.

- Le Messor
      Husband: Darling, will you love me when I'm old and feeble?
      Wife: You bet I do.
      Phil -
      Wikipedia's Wikipedia though... but yeah, I thought it was unlikely, but hey...
      Le Messor -
      Wikipedia's Wikipedia though... but yeah, I thought it was unlikely, but hey...
      True that, but it's been fairly accurate so far at this GN series.
      The series does seem to want to give us as much as possible though. There've been little bonuses in the past.

- Le Messor
      Spike: How was your walk, pet?
      Drusilla: I met an old man. I didn't like him. He got stuck in my teeth.