• Reviews RSS Feed

by Published on 02-27-2010 10:33 PM  Number of Views: 3713 
    Article Preview

Issue: X Men: The Asgardian Wars collection
    Writer: Chris Claremont
    Artist: Paul Smith (pt. one); Art Adams (pt. two); various inkers
    Date Published: Original stories: 1985; original trade (pictured above) : 1988; current hardcover: 2010
    Alpha Appearance: Whole team crossover.
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: Between v1 #s 19 and 20.

OVERVIEW:
    Scott Summers gets blinded by the light, and crashes his airplane. Rachel Summers gets somewhat slightly upset by this, and attacks Alpha Flight in mistaken retaliation.
    Snowbird, meanwhile, is getting very, very sick.
    Her supernatural senses and the crash lead them to the north where they find a world of wonders; a fantasy city of wealth and taste. Oh, and Scott is alive and well.
    by Published on 02-27-2010 06:29 PM  Number of Views: 1682 
    Article Preview

Issue: Over The Edge #2
    Writer: Mark Gruenwald
    Artist: Robert Brown
    Cover: Robert Brown
    Date Published: 12/??/1995

OVERVIEW:
    The story begins with a wounded Devil-Slayer (Eric Simon Payne) struggling to find the sanctum of Dr.Strange for assistance. After a valiant rescue by Doctor Strange and Wong, they discover this silver dagger that was used to wound Devil-Slayer has an inscription of “Seven blades for seven sorcerers. By midnight they shall die” on it. Strange deduces this conspiracy was concocted by his rival Silver Dagger in attempt to tire

by Published on 02-21-2010 09:28 AM  Number of Views: 3774 
    Article Preview

Issue: X Men Noir: Mark of Cain #3
    Writer: Fred Van Lente
    Artist: Dennis Calero
    Date Published: Feb 2010
    Alpha Appearance: Alternate version of Puck
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: N/A

OVERVIEW:

Previously, on X Men Noir: Mark Of Cain
    :
    Puck has stolen the Gem of Cyttorack, but his pirate crew has been ripped off on the deal. Professor X, in prison, introduces the all-new, all-different X Men. (Note the lack of hyphen; deliberate.) Cain Marko has been murdered in the above prison - though he was no prisoner. Angel is a prisoner, and is now going slightly mad.
    by Published on 02-16-2010 09:39 PM  Number of Views: 1927 
    Article Preview

Issue: Exiles #84 (Volume.1)
    Writer: Tony Bedard
    Artist: James Calsfiore
    Cover: Paul Pelletier
    Date Published: 07/26/2006

OVERVIEW:

Gathered together from their own separate realities, Blink, Sabretooth, Longshot, Spider-Man 2099, Power Princess and Heather Hudson (formerly Sasquatch) embark on missions to save one imperiled Earth after another. The team is guided by the Time-Breakers from their headquarters in the “Crystal Palace” and provides information through the Tallus worn by the leader of the Exiles, Sabretooth. After chasing down ...
    by Published on 02-15-2010 10:12 AM  Number of Views: 2981 
    Article Preview

Issue(s): Astonishing Tales: Snowbird (Digital Comic) and Marvel Heart Breakers #1
    Writer: Karl Bollers
    Artist: Harvey Tolibao
    Cover: Harvey Tolibao (Digital Comic), Mike Del Mundo (Marvel Heartbreakers #1)
    Date Published: 11/18/2009 (Digital Comic), 02/03/2010 (Marvel Heartbreakers #1)
    by Published on 02-14-2010 03:29 PM  Number of Views: 3963 
    Article Preview

Issue: Ultimate Comics X #1
    Writer: Jeph Loeb
    Artist: Art Adams
    Cover: Art Adams
    Date Published: 02/03/2010

OVERVIEW:

Who—or what—is Ultimate X? This infamous tag-line took no time to reveal the answer allowing readers not to scratch their heads to long to figure it out. In the aftermath of Ultimatum, Wolverine is dead, Captain America is a fugitive, The ...
    by Published on 02-09-2010 11:18 AM  Number of Views: 2652 
    Article Preview

Issue: Alpha Flight - Volume 3 #1
    Story:
    You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me! Part 1 of 6
    Writer: Scott Lobdell
    Artist: Clayton Henry
    Cover: Clayton Henry, Mark Morales
    Date Published:
    May 2004

Before getting into the meat of the book, I want to start off by saying what I was honestly expecting from this book. I was going into it with a certain amount of trepidation. The last thing I wanted was to get my hopes up for naught. I have really mixed thoughts on the writing style of Lobdell, and was indifferent about his short stint on Alpha Flight v.1. That being said, here we go.
    by Published on 01-27-2010 05:11 PM  Number of Views: 1807 
    Article Preview

Writer: Tony Beddard
    Pencils: Paul Pelletier
    Inker: Rick Magyar
    Colours: Will Quintana
    Letters: Dave Sharpe
    Story: SuperGuardians part 1 of 2

I suppose one of the joys of writing something like The Exiles is the freedom to really let your imagination run riot. No continuity or character is messed up as they are from different dimensions so the 616 isn't affected. This story starts of with what looks like the Silver Surfer battling with various members of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456