PDA

View Full Version : Most Powerful Character

Mokole
08-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I know, still a few days until AF #6 but some of you already have an opinion. Which character of v3 Alpha Flight is going to be the most powerful, the one (say in 2 years) who will be best able to handle the most problems? Pure power, baby.

Ben
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
My money's on ol' Rutherford. After #5 I'm getting the impression that he's like a geriatric Superman :)

Ben

Phil
08-07-2004, 06:29 PM
How can it not be the 'Squatch????????? :shock:

Mystic
08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I honestly think that it could possibly be the Major. He has some form of gravity manipulation power. Give him some time to stretch his wings, and I think he could be the most powerful out of the new bunch.

-Mystic

Phil
08-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Meh.... I'd say he's the least powerful Alphan ever.

Mystic
08-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Well, in my experience in playing table-top Marvel Super Heroes, the ones that can manipulate gravity tend to be the most powerful. Although, if there was another person to shine out of the new bunch, I think it would be Nemesis. Rutherford doesn't have much time left (unless his powers have changed that). Not much is known about Nemesis. It's known that she can fly, teleport, and has a rather nasty diposition.

I guess we'll just have to see in #6 what's going to happen.

-Mystic

P.S. - Just watch, when issue 6 does roll around, we'll find out that Yukon Jack is actually the powerhouse of the group.

DelBubs
08-07-2004, 11:10 PM
I went with Centenial. Getting the same idea as Ben, Rutherfords "Clarke Kent' with surgical stockings. Whether he'll be about in two years is another matter. I always see the wrods "Blaze of Glory" when I contemplate Ritherford.

kozzi24
08-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Not enough is really known about the newbies yet. Does Puck 2 have powers, an' if so what are they? I voted Centennial. Sasquatch is the STRONGEST, but not necessarily the most powerful (ask Ben Grimm & Sue Richardfs about that). Any of the 4 new characters could be the most powerful as we see what they can actually do.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-09-2004, 11:41 AM
I voted for the Major for two reasons. One, his powers seem to be the most versatile, and that counts for a lot. And two, it's my default setting. :lol:

But seriously, of all the new recruits, the Major seems to be the most gung-ho about Alpha Flight and his reason for being there is a solid one. A person who genuinely wants to be a superhero is going to exert himself more, and develop himself more, so that he can handle any situation that he might come across.

But that's just me.

crozack
08-12-2004, 12:31 AM
LOL I love that this poll is getting such attention.

Any character with mind powers is going to be the most powerful eventually. Centennial's powers have already been hinted at going the way of telekinesis, so why not more than that. Plus, the irony of discovering such power at such an age is too great a subplot to pass up.

However, Yukon Jack is an immortal or maybe even a god, let us remember, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was more to him and those light powers he's displayed.

Sir John A.
08-12-2004, 03:02 AM
The latest issue seems to say that Centennial has "heat vision"; does he have "Superman" powers?

kozzi24
08-12-2004, 09:52 AM
The latest issue seems to say that Centennial has "heat vision"; does he have "Superman" powers?
Startin' to look that way. I'm waiting to see him use his superbreath just so I can see someone get hit by his dentures.

DelBubs
08-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Startin' to look that way. I'm waiting to see him use his superbreath just so I can see someone get hit by his dentures.
Given the history of death in the AF part of the MU, Dentures at 900mph, as lethal as Nemesis's sword. Maybe change his name to Incisor. :P

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Pity that Lobdell seems to be going the Superman route with Rutherford, because I was hoping that the team might have a psi in their ranks. Still, this would make for some amusing moments... can you imagine Rutherford holding up something like an 18-wheeler and having his hip go out?

Sir John A.
08-13-2004, 01:44 AM

As long as we don't see "super-incontinence"! :lol:

kozzi24
08-14-2004, 12:23 AM
If he's super strong, then all his muscles are stronger, including the sphincter. If anything, he should be able to bombard with super projectile, er, "bunny pellets." (Calling it that gives Nemeisi more of a chance to have a bunny like the other girls)

Richv1
08-18-2004, 08:16 PM
I voted for Centennial as well. Because of that hospital scene.